Foundation Trust in the News – Fall 2020
This post is part of a series where we will periodically share news from our partners and grantees, as well as local media. Below please find links to articles featuring activities of the Foundation Trust in recent months.
The COVID-19 pandemic changed the landscape of programs the Foundation Trust typically supports during the summer months, including many programs for at-risk youth. In spite of the challenges, the Foundation Trust was able to continue making impactful contributions to the community through targeted giving and the development and dissemination of resources on various facets of complex trauma. Click the links below for a snapshot of some of our activities over the last few months.
- Everett Advocate, October 2, 2020: Bread of Life Receives $8K Grant to Support Everett Backpack Program
- Wicked Local Malden, September 23, 2020: Local Artists Receive Foundation Trust Fellowships at FYACS
- Wicked Local Newburyport, September 22, 2020: Amesbury COA helps seniors stay healthy, fit and entertained safely
- Melrose Patch, September 11, 2020: Local Artists Awarded 2020 Foundation Trust Fellowships at FYACS
- Saugus Advertiser, July 14, 2020: The Foundation Trust Provides $20,000 Grant for 34 Saugus Tree Plantings
- Saugus Advocate, July 3, 2020: Foundation Trust Grant Allows for 34 Trees
- Wicked Local Malden, April 20, 2020: Malden YMCA Continues to Serve Through COVID-19 Crisis
- Revere Journal, April 15, 2020: Revere PAL Suspends 2020 Grant So It Can Assist Malden Food Pantry
- Medford Patch, April 13, 2020: Malden YMCA is Cause-Driven, Continues to Care for Community
New Mental Health and Wellness Resources
- COVID-19 coping strategies for adults and youth with histories of complex trauma (available in English, Spanish, French, and Portuguese)
- The Complexity of Racial Trauma
- Death by a Thousand Cuts: The Insidious Impact of Psychological Maltreatment
These and other materials are available at www.complextrauma.org. This comprehensive repository of information and resources on complex traumatic stress --including what it is, how it affects people, and ways to reverse its effects on mind, body, and spirit -- is sponsored and maintained by the Foundation Trust.