**Note: The Foundation Trust is not currently accepting letters of inquiry**
The intent of the LOI is to introduce us to your programming or services and to explain how a Small Gift or Partnership Grant from the Foundation Trust will meaningfully impact your ability to perform--either to support current programming or carry out a special project of importance to this work. The LOI is the competitive portion of the Foundation Trust funding application process.
Your LOI will be reviewed by committee and rated based on a combination of factors:
- Degree of alignment with FT priority funding areas
- Expectation of demonstrable benefit to your organization.
Please review these instructions carefully and see the tips in the FAQ.
Directions: Please prepare a maximum 3-page Letter of Inquiry, single-spaced, with margins 1-inch or larger. LOI should be submitted electronically on official organizational letterhead and include items 1-10 below.
Basic Organization Information:
1. Ensure that the LOI includes your organization’s name and complete contact information (name, title, postal and email addresses, telephone and fax numbers) for either the person submitting the LOI or a responsible party within your organization
2. Include a one-paragraph description of your organization’s history, mission and primary activities.
Award Request and Program Proposal:
3. Provide a brief statement of why you are applying for support from the Foundation Trust at this time.
4. Specify whether you are seeking a Small Gift or a Grantfrom the Foundation Trust. Include the desired amount and duration of requested support.
5. Specify the kind of funding you are seeking: i.e., unrestricted support of general organizational operations and infrastructure; support for expansion of program and services; support to conduct a pilot project; seed funding for a new initiative; program evaluation funding, or other specified purpose of funding.
6. Describe how this work aligns with one or more of the Foundation Trust’s four priority funding tracks.
7. Justify how an award of this size and duration will be sufficient -- alone or in combination with other funding you have received or are in the process of soliciting—to make a demonstrable impact to your organization.
8. Comment on whether a lower total award amount or shorter duration than requested would still be sufficient to make a meaningful positive contribution to your organization.
In addition to your LOI, please include the following information:
9. A copy of your organization’s (or fiscal sponsor’s) IRS tax-exempt letter and documentation of 501(c)(3) status. For municipal programs, submit proof of city affiliation.
10. Budget Information:
- For general support (routine program operations/infrastructure or unrestricted contributions), provide an annual organizational budget for the most recently complete fiscal year. Budgets should delineate projected income and expenses.
- For project support (program expansion; pilot and seed projects; program evaluation) provide both an annual organizational budget for the most recently completed fiscal year and a detailed project-specific budget for the duration of the proposed project period.
Contact for LOI Submissions
Letters of Inquiry for 2020 funding were due March 5, 2020 and the Foundation Trust is not accepting additional applications at this time.
Our next grant cycle will be announced later this year.
Please direct any questions to the attention of the Foundation Trust Administrator (Administrator@FoundationTrust.org).