The Foundation Trust is pleased to announce that its 2021 grant cycle is now open to nonprofit organizations and city-run public benefit programs in the communities of Chelsea, Everett, Malden, and Salem, MA.
Several types of support are offered by the Foundation Trust, including partnership grants, event-specific small gifts, training, and resource development.
Dr. Joseph Spinazzola, Executive Director of the Foundation Trust explains how this year’s grant program will prioritize active partnerships between the Foundation Trust and its grantees. “We are positioned to offer much more than funding alone, and we are excited to explore expanded partnership opportunities with 2021 applicants. Together, we’ll be able to achieve much more in our local communities than we could on our own, which is going to be more important than ever in the aftermath of the pandemic.”
Interested programs in the communities of Chelsea, Everett, Malden, and Salem are invited to propose innovative programming, to be designed and/or implemented in partnership with the Foundation Trust, in one or more of the foundation’s funding tracks:
- Overcoming trauma and adversity,
- Empowering at-risk youth and communities,
- Restoring dignity and quality of care for adults living with chronic conditions, and
- Advancing inclusivity in the arts.
While preference will be given to nonprofits and municipal-run public benefit programs from our annually-designated target communities, other programs in the Greater Boston area can submit applications and will be considered based upon a combination of merit and availability of Foundation Trust resources.
- Information Session: Interested programs are invited to attend a virtual information session on Thursday, March 25 at 4:00pm to learn more about the awards and application process. Register at foundationtrust.org/apply.
- Letters of Inquiry for partnership grants will be accepted through May 7, 2021.
- Event-specific small gift requests will be considered on a rolling basis
- A separate review cycle will be announced later this year for organizations requesting general operating support through our small gifts program.
A printer-friendly overview of the grants can be found here.
Additional details and application instructions are available on www.FoundationTrust.org/apply.
The Foundation Trust, a private operating foundation serving the Greater Boston area, works with small to medium-sized nonprofits to provide training and outreach, and to develop new programming to better serve high-risk populations and elevate underrepresented communities. To date, more than $500,000 has been distributed through the Foundation Trust’s charitable giving program.